L & J Maintenance services is driven by a dynamic team, who recognise that their work has an environmental impact, resulting from resource consumption, transport, purchasing and waste production. As a consequence of this, the management is committed to continuous improvements in environmental performance and work to Environmental Management Standards.
It maps out a framework that a company can follow to set up an effective environmental management system. It can be used to improve resource efficiency, reduce waste and drive down costs.
As part of our on-going commitment to the environment we have implemented the following initiatives:
- Micro fibre technology is incorporated to cut out the need for the use of chemicals where possible.
- We use environmentally responsible products.
- All paper products and bin liners are from sustainable sources.
- Environmental responsibilities are incorporated into employee inductions.
- We work closely with the waste and recycling contractor to achieve the desired reduction targets.
- We embrace new technology in equipment to cut down on chemical and water usage.
- All sites are assessed for their environmental impact.
- We place a chemical spill clean-up guide where cleaner’s rooms are provided
- We discuss with suppliers whether more environmental friendly products can be used
- Ensure efficient use of resources, prevent pollution and minimise any adverse environmental effects caused as a result of our activities or products.
- To manage our waste sustainably and recognise our responsibility to recycle wherever possible.
- To align our environmental practices and procedures with those of our clients.
- To promote environmental awareness by providing training and ensuring every member of the team understands their environmental responsibilities.
- To promote sound environmental practices with our suppliers.
- To meet and, where practical, exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
Our Environmental Policy is communicated to all employees, partners, suppliers and contractors.